Fibre broadband can give you lightning-fast downloads and flawless streaming, even in 4K! But how do you know if your home is eligible for fibre broadband?
How Can I Find Out if My Home is Eligible For Fibre Broadband?
We’re all leaning a little harder on our household broadband connections at the moment. Especially since many of us are still working from home. We rely on our broadband connection to keep us productive during working hours and entertained in our downtime. But with the whole family sharing a connection at the same time, it can cause bandwidth issues that lead to slow page loads and irritating buffering. Thus making your working hours less productive, and making you feel frustrated when you should be relaxing.
Super-fast fibre broadband could be the answer to your problems. However, you may not be aware of whether or not it’s available in your area.
Here’s how you can find out…
What is fibre broadband?
Fibre broadband is a high-speed form of broadband that uses fibre optic cables as opposed to traditional copper cables. These are able to handle a lot more data without degrading in quality. Copper connections max out at data transfer rates of 40 Gbps, whereas fibre optic cables can transfer data at hundreds of terabits per second, carrying data at close to the speed of light.
What are the benefits of fibre broadband?
In the digitally interconnected age, fibre broadband brings a host of benefits that can improve the way we work, play and relax. These benefits include:
- Much faster downloads for music, TV shows, music, games and other files
- Higher quality video streaming capable of sustaining HD and 4K consistently
- No more waiting for annoying buffering
- Clearer and more reliable video conferencing and calling
- Much fewer limitations on bandwidth, even if the whole family is online at the same time
How do I get fibre broadband?
If you haven’t yet taken advantage of the benefits of fibre broadband, the good news is that it’s widely available across the UK, with around 96% of households theoretically able to get fibre broadband.
Lots of suppliers have postcode checkers that will allow you to see whether fibre broadband is available in your area. While you should feel free to use these, don’t sign up to anything without getting in touch with the Papernest team first.
What could prevent me from getting fibre broadband?
Although most of the country has access to fibre broadband, there may be some barriers that prevent you from being able to get this kind of connection for your home. These include:
- Living in a remote area that does not yet fibre optic cabling.
- Living too far away from the nearest street cabinet.
- Living in an area where fibre broadband is very popular and there is no room in the nearest cabinet to accommodate your connection.
- The landscape in your area prohibits installing fibre optic cabling.
- Living in an old property that doesn’t support the necessary cabling for fibre broadband.
How the Papernest team can help
We’re not just here to help you find the best energy plan for your needs. We can also help with your broadband connection, too. Get in touch with our team and we can help you find the fastest fibre broadband in your area at the best prices from the most reputable suppliers. Why be a slave to slow broadband when you can jump on the fibre optic bandwagon?